Tuesday, July 26, 2011

1 Thessalonians 5

Verse 18 "give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

I woke up yesterday morning and could hardly walk. The very bottom of my left foot was in a lot of pain, and it felt even worse when I put weight on it. So I made an appointment and went to the doctor. I assumed it was one thing, but it wasn't. It was plantar fasciitis... which as far as I know is the only word in the world that has a double "ii". The doctor told me to stay off it, take some pills and get some better shoes... and no golf for a week or so.

Pretty rough little Monday.

Should I give thanks for this? Is this God's will for me in Christ Jesus?

I'm not at a point where I am thankful for the pain. Instead I am frustrated. And I just have a hard time believing that this is God's will for me. Instead, this pain is a result of a number of things... and it just happened.

Believing in God does not mean believing that God is responsible for every bad thing that happens to us. God is not some kind of divine menace with a magnifying glass waiting for a cloud to pass.

Then again, I might be wrong.

It has been pretty hot in Texas lately.

1 comment: