Thursday, January 5, 2012

Matthew 26

Chapter 26 is full of important stories and theology, but there is one thing that stands out to me this morning. Love is defined in chapter 26.

We are told of Jesus' time of prayer in the garden. In his prayer time he asks for there to be another way. Jesus does not want to be whipped and nailed to a cross. Jesus does not want to die for you and I. Jesus wants to go to plan B.

But love wins.

Jesus loved his Father and Jesus loved you and I enough to do that which he did not want to. He gave his life out of love.That is what love is.

We can tell people that we love them, but we do not show them love until we do something that we don't want to do... for them.

I know my parents love my sisters and I because of all the time they dedicated to our interests growing up. They coached baseball, basketball, soccer, dance and softball. Time wasn't all they sacrificed, and they are still sacrificing.

I know my grandmother loved me because whenever we spent time together we did what I wanted to do. Sometimes she would sit at the driving range and watch me hit golf balls... poorly! And then she'd lie and tell me that I was great.

I know my wife loves me because of a thousand things, I know my sisters love me, I know my cousins, aunts and uncles love me, I know my friends love me, and I know God loves me. They have each done things they haven't wanted to do for me.

I am blessed.

I only hope that I can learn to love as God loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment