Thursday, February 9, 2012

Six truths about Jesus: Truth #4 - Jesus needed to re-charge



Mark 1:35 "In the morning, while it was still very dark, he got up and went out to a deserted place, and there he prayed."


All my life I have I have been told that God is omnipotent, meaning that God has unlimited power. But Jesus did not have unlimited power when he lived on earth, he was human after all. He needed to rest and he needed to take time for himself, he needed time to re-charge his human/divine batteries.


This verse is just one example of Jesus going away by himself, but the four gospels are full of occasions when he did the same thing. Jesus realized he needed to take care of himself.


Maybe that is actually the divine in him coming out... Jesus had the ability to be totally self-aware.


Do you know what you need? Do you know what your body needs? Do you know when you need to rest or do you just push through day after day because you don't have a choice?


I have recently found that after 7-8 weeks of preaching every Sunday I need to hear someone else preach. I need to hear God speaking through someone else. I need to be re-energized by the gospel.


Are you too busy to relax or workout? Are the things on your to-do list too important?


Are they more important than the things on Jesus' to-do list?

No comments:

Post a Comment