Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Six Truths About Jesus - Truth #2 Jesus Forgives

Luke 23:34: Jesus said, "Father forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

Jesus says this while hanging on a cross. He has nails in his wrists and in his shins. These nails were hammered in by the men who were now rolling dice to see who gets to keep Jesus' possessions after he is dead. Yet Jesus still forgives them.

I am a sinner. I have done things that Jesus has asked me not to. I have hurt others and I have held a grudge. I have been unwilling to forgive and I have been unwilling to seek forgiveness for my actions. I have ignored those in need and I have turned my eyes away from God's plan. I have done everything but hammer the nails myself.

Jesus forgave them, Jesus forgives me.

No one reading this blog hammered in the nails either. Sure, you have all sinned and have fallen short of God's law... I know most of you and most of you are really good at sinning.

Jesus forgave them, Jesus forgives you.

There is nothing we can do that Jesus won't forgive.

1 comment: